Subject: Re: [Leica] ELCAN lenses
From: George Berger <gberger@his.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:47:02 -0400

>>>'Course with Leitz optics they should be able to count the hair
>>follicles in your bald spot from 10,000m at Mach 1.  Especially
>>for the prices the military probably paid for them!  (Apply the
>>$500 hammer rule to figure out the military cost of a Summicron :-)
>
>Actually, Paul, I was told that these lenses could also be used
>successfully for spotting purposes at monokini and nude beaches... :-)

Hi Pascal -

Nope - - They were manufactured, via a deep black contract, to permit the
Air Force and the Roswell contingent to take definitive photos of UFOs.
Unfortunately, the radioactive material in the glass (to provide a
superlative dispersion figure) fogged the Pan X film and rendered the
negatives useless.

George Berger
gberger@his.com