Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica - Rollei SL???
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 01:14:07 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-14 23:22:28 EDT, Francois wrote:

<< This morning I "eyed" a Rolleiflex SL which looked somewhat similar to a
Leica SL.  I played with it a little bit.  The operation was very quiet, very
very quiet for an SLR.  The lens that was on it looked like a Zeiss (...can't
remember the brand for sure though) but I remember the mount though...It
looked like an "R" mount. >>

The first version of the Rolleiflex SL was made from the dies and tooling of
the Zeiss Ikon SL706, which were sold to Rollei when Zeiss closed the Icarex
works around 1972. The cosmetics were changed superficially. I believe the
50mm lens was a Planar variant. Marc?

Will von Dauster