Subject: Re: [Leica] To Leon
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:23:01 EDT

Jim Brick:  (Also A Perfect  Gentleman)

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I  feel there is much in our proposed  values survey for all!

If  indeed there is a "LUG launch" down the road (It's in "your" hands),  I
think my report to the LUG will be interesting and of value to many....but
never all!  Here I recall the old proverb:   "While there is no formula for
success,  there is a formula for failure....and that is attempting to please
everyone!".

Again, your thoughtfulness is appreciated,

Leon
LP6@aol.com

(P.S.:  On the eve of my first retirement I suppose I might say , with
humility, that I do have "bigger fish to fry" in my current study of Japanese
and German value patterns in the historical context of war and peace
issues...I've worked with WWII veterans  and POWs for some 25 years..... and
my first boss was G.M. Gilbert of Nuremburg Trials fame..(Author of
"Psychology of Dictatorship" and other such books! ) ....But, as a serious
Leica Photographer....since college days,  I have a special place in my heart
for the study of photographic values.... from alpha to omega!)