Subject: Re: [Leica] t-elmar 135, a skeptical view
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:18:14 +0200

>From: "Jeff Alford" <alford@batnet.com>
>Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:07:35 -0700
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmar-M, 135mm Question

>David,
>
>I have been using a 135/4 Tele Elmar-M for a couple of years. It is a truly
>fantastic lens. Brian Bower's book describes this lens as a APO lens without
>the APO designation.  I am afraid I cannot help you with used pricing.
>
>Jeff Alford

Comment : some months ago Herr Soenke Peters, product manager for the M
system, posted me the following message : "the t-elmar is not as good as an
apo lens, but it is still a good lens". Also sprach Leica.
That lens which has the oldest optical design (1965) of all the M lenses
has been MTF-tested by the french review Chasseur d'images. The result is
"good" (center and edge) from the full aperture up to f:8.In comparison,
the apo 180 is quoted "excellent".
Now it does not matter much because if I want a 135 with my leica and my
viso3, there is no alternative.

Dominique pellissier