Subject: [Leica] Lens acutance & sharpness question
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 05:31:40 EDT

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me in simple words,
the difference between optical resolution & optical acutance in
terms of Leica lens sharpness.  I have heard acutance being
used as a description of a type of b&w film developer but never
have heard the word resolution used applied to developers.

My final question is in regards to enlarger lenses; Since common
sense will tell you that a lens used to project a negative taken with
a high quality Leica lens, must have equal or greater sharpness
than than the taking lens  -  is the so called "flat field" the only
major difference between the two?

MGM