Subject: [Leica] Leica 90mm M lens 2.8 vs 2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:39:49 -0300

What is the better 90, the Summicron or Elmarit? I have seen this question
on the list and was asked it by a person that just bought an M4 from me.
In regards to the 90's, the 2.8 is probably the sharper and is much more
compact.  I use a Tele-Elmarit and I am very please with the results.
Below is a link to a picture I took of one of my wifes friends at a
resaurant using the Canadian 90 2.8.  It is very sharp and good Bokeh.  I
think it may be the skinny one and usally sells for $400-$500.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/pam2.JPG

As far as I am concerned, the more compact 2.8 is probably a better all
around lens, as you are more likely to carry.  Mine is an older
Tele-Elmatit model 11800 ser 26573## and I think it may be the skinny
version.  It is very compact and fits in a pocket easily.  Maybey the more
experience Leica collectors could tell me which version I have.

Regards,

Robert