Subject: Re: [Leica] R focusing screens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:38:31 -0500

At 01:57 PM 7/20/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I just read in B. Bowers book on Leica R that the R4SP, R5,6,7, and R-E
>focusing screens are about 2 times as bright as the R4 screens.  Is this
>accurate?  I didn't know there was a difference between the R4 screens and
the

Yep, it's true. I've shot with R4 cameras of all vintage from the R4mot
through R4sP. When they introduced the R4sP they came out with the brighter
screen, which can be fitted to any R4. It's is lots brighter, and worth
every penny. About 7 or 8 yeras ago the new screens were selling for $50.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Calvin:  People always make the mistake of thinking art is created for them.
But really, art is a private language for sophisticates to congratulate
themselves on their superiority to the rest of the world.  As my Artist's
Statement explains, my work