Subject: Re: [Leica] Quality Control
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 05:17:05 EDT

Tom:

Sorry to hear about your problems.  Things "ain't" what they used to be at
Leica.  One of the main reasons that I traded my Leica R8 system was because I
could never get the winder to work consistently.  I despise crap and it was a
cheap piece of plastic.  Yesterday I looked at the new 28-25-50 Vario Elmar
lens and changing the focal length was so rough that a Sigma would have put it
to shame.  Getting the viewfinder frames to change when changing the focal
length was another challenge.  The lens hood on my 50mm Noctilux is not a
smoothe operation.  The rubber lens cover on my 21mm lens falls off when I
bend over.  It's a shame and if this is a vision into Leica'f future I am
scared.

Oh well!  I guess this is progress?

BOB

<< n various formats I own nearly 20 lenses. Many of them purchased new, some
 purchased used. Not one of them came to me like this one. And at over
 $1500, this is the most expensive lens I've ever purchased. I'll think long
 and hard before I buy another new lens from Leica.

 Tom
 = >>