Subject: [Leica] wedding disaster
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:50:05 EDT

But of course you had a backup body with a meter in it, right? And/or a hand-
held meter?

Of course you did. You had to. Nobody should ever shoot a wedding without
backups of everything.

I rread your tale of woe with sympathy, but you can be an object lesson to
anyone else pondering shooting a wedding my friend: never ever shoot a wedding
with an unfamiliar camera, never ever shoot a wedding with unfamiliar film or
exposures setups, odd film ratings, or anything else. se only equipment that
is tried and true and procedures you are totally comfortable with.

And have a backup -- a hand-held meter would have saved your bacon on this
one, although taking time in your photographic life to learn exposures well
enough so that you can eyeball them would help as well -- did the lighting
situations really change so much while your meter was dead that you couldn't
keep shooting?

ctrentelman
ogden utah

<<>I shot almost two rolls: finished up a trix400 and shot a whole roll of