Subject: Re: [Leica] Hasselblad 35mm rangefinder, a hoax ?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:15:41 +0200

Yet more info on the "hoax". From Bob Meier on Compuserve Photo Forum:

QUOTE: There is apparently a nejw Hasselblad camera that they have just
announced at a press conference in Germany. It is a 35mm rangefinder,
interchangeable lens. TTL exposure, panoramic camera (with motor drive,
exposure bracketing, and everything else modern SLR's have). It comes
with a 45mm f4 lens and there will also be a 85 or 90 mm f4 lens, both
of which will have automatic projected framelines and will couple to the
rangefinder. The camera will take either 24x36mm images or 24x65mm
panoramic images. It will be possible to switch between formats in
midroll. The lenses are made by Fuji; I don't know who makes the body.
And as far as I can tell, it's for real. Cost about $2000 for camera
with normal lens. Available immediately after Photokina.
UNQUOTE

Alan
Brussels-Belgium