Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #202
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:48:54 -0400

http://hawk.foto.no/pinhole/nikon/hasselbl.html. The M7 s a Hasselblad!
Makes the M6 look completely outdated (what at least it was since long).

REPLY:

Okay, so now I "get" the f4 problem. But the more I look at the photo of
this monstrosity - I think a "kludge" is what our techno bretheren would
call it - and read the "press release," the less I am able to get the point.

It's a 35 mm with all the disadvantages of a 2 1/4 and  none of the
advantages. Or, it's a 2 1/4 with all of the disadvantages of 35mm and none
of the advantages:
* Only two lenses
* "small" negative size
* Slow lenses
* A motor drive with fps speed you don't need on a panorama camera

If you want the electronics and don't want to wait for the "M7," get a G2
outfit - at least you get more lenses, faster lenses. You want a Hassie, get
one....