Subject: Re: [Leica] Mis-information and innuendo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:31:57 -0500

At 04:03 PM 7/22/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Please forgive me if I misunderstood all of this and if your intention
>was purely friendly and non-agressive.
>
>And please do not misunderstand me: I have no wish to judge anyone, I am
>simply asking that we all refrain from agressive postings. I am happy we
>agree on this.

I do believe there is a misunderstanding. If you read my post carefully,
what I was saying was I was tired of people who criticize Leica owners as
snobs and fools who think their equipment is good because it is expensive.
Or that their pictures are great because they were taken with Leica glass.

Nobody here was directly doing that, but the person who was calling people
stupid for letting kids use Leicas was beginning to sound like that kind of
vitriol. I wasn't calling anybody snobs, or fools or anything of the sort.
I guess I was reacting (in somewhat of a knee-jerk reaction maybe) to that
characterization of Leica owners (snobs and fools). That's all. I wasn't
calling anyone anything.

I'm ready to drop this...
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.