Subject: [Leica] THIEVES AND LEICAS
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:30:03 -0400

Alan Hull is simply wrong.

I will not dispute the possible existence of a street hoodlum SOMEWHERE in
the world who would recognize a Leica.  I will argue, most vehemently,
that, at least in the US, such fellows are simply too ill-educated and
"culturally deprived" to know squat about camera gear.

Hoods will rarely steal cameras, as they are simply too hard to hock, and
most fences won't touch them.  Hoods would much rather steal something
readily saleable, such as a car stereo or a TV set or a VCR.  Hell, they'd
rather steal a bag of dirty laundry than a camera.

I KNOW these doofusses.  A large part of my life is spent in representing
them.  They are dumb, dumb, dumb, and know only that they want to take
things which can be RAPIDLY turned into cash, not something which is
all-but-impossible to pawn.

And I will NOT discuss the infamous Red Dot in this post, guys.  No, sir!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!