Subject: [Leica] Replacement lens hood cover?
From: "Andrew M. Moore" <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:12:28 -0400

I need a replacement part #14043 (snap-on cover for lens hood, 35/2
ASPH).

Leica sells it direct for $24, and they suggested that by contacting a
dealer I might get it for less money.
I called my local shop, and they sell it for $25.

I can't justify spending this much for the plastic rectangular snap-on
cap.

(Maybe this is because I already SOMEHOW justified spending the money on
the lens! :)

It's time to get creative.  In the meantime, has anyone got a
replacement with which they can part?  Suggestions in makeshift hood
covers are welcome.  I can still use the snap-on circular cap, but I
would prefer to keep the hood on the lens at all times, ready for
shooting.

Also, I'm still looking for the latest non-ASPH 35/2 Summicron-M in
black.  Will consider cash+lens for my 2-month old chrome ASPH.  Local
only, please (~New England)

Andrew