Subject: Re: [Leica] $800 power cord, use your head, not your ears.
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:59:16 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: Paul Chefurka <pchefurk@ca.newbridge.com>

>I believe that for some people the mere ownership of expensive
>objects (and the sacrifices required to do so) is a source of
>intrinsic pleasure.  Be honest now, most of us have this little
>thought squirreled away in the backs of our minds: "My Leica
>is one of the best cameras in the world.  The amount I had to
>pay for it proves it!"

Probably right: That it is unrecognized by the unwashed masses only enhances
it's charm in a snobbish sort of way. And (keep those noses held high in the
air as you perform the following) to pass judgement on the current gear with
a dismissive wave of the hand, a sneer, and a dry one-liner meaning "They
don't make 'em like they used to" is the ultimate in cool.

So is showing to the world how unconcerned you are about it's appearance
because "It's just a tool".

If you believe in these sorts of things :-)

Jeff