Subject: RE: [Leica] high performance photography
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:52:22 +0200

Erwin,

I am sure you and Zeiss are right  with the shortlist of necessary
behaviours in order to get the best possible image out of Zeica (or
Nicapentolta or Sigma) lenses. i am also sure this list cancels 99 pct of
the usefulness of 35mm compared to larger formats. If one is going to
regularly take pictures on TV tripods with mirror lock-up, 25 ISO and f5.6
to f8, it might also seem logical to go up to medium or large film formats,
no ? The loss of ultimate Zeica performance will be almost infinitely
compensated by the enlargement ratio. If I rephrase that, would I be saying
that Zeica quality is not useful for normal 35mm handheld, 100-400 ISO
film, mirrorslapped shooting ? Ouch...

Friendly regards
Alan
Brussels-Belgium