Subject: [Leica] Lens Test Archive Closed!
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:44:18 -0400

All,

I'm horrified to report (well, maybe horrified isn't the right word)
that the Lens Test Archive run by Klaus Schroiff which I've been
checking for over a year now for Colorfoto, CDI, and other lens test
results has had it's plug pulled due to complaints from one
(unspecified) magazine. Go there and you'll see.

The Archive was neat because you could compare, at least superficially
Erwin would say, lens test reports between manufacturers from the
perspectives of different magazines.

And Leica often won these comparisons!!

Damn. Where's a photographer to go for reliable, comparable test data
these days?

Profoundly disappointed (that's better), I remain,

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland