Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: carbon fibre television tripod
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:08:50 -0600

At 06:42 AM 27/07/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Jem Wrote:
>
>> They are rigid, but rigidity is not everything,
>
>it has been my understanding and
>experience that a "light weight tripod" is nice to carry, but they do not
>stay still if the wind conditions are right.

I'm in agreement with this too, Ted.  I recently got a Gitzo studex G320
for lugging around.  The extra weight isn't really objectionable when
carrying it with a tripod sling.  For outdoor use, it adds stability.  I
have an older Manfrotto which offers the same advantage.  You just can't
beat the advantage of having inertia on your side.

- -GH