Subject: [Leica] Tripod Stability
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 08:39:17 -0700

I used to put a swag hook from the 70's hanging lamps on the bottom of my
tripods to hang my camera bag upon.  No matter what the weight of your
camera bag, it improves the stability of the tripod.

If you are luck enough to have a tripod that has a hole in the bottom of
the column, go to a hardware store and see if there is a open eyebolt
available to screw into it.  The tripod screws are 1/4 x 20 or 3/8 x16.  So
are the bolts.

BTW, I think Kirk Enterprises has a similar concept in their Gitzo short
column replacement part.

Thank You
Remove "ZZ" form auto reply address or
please reply to address below: