Subject: Re: [Leica] Mini Lenspen
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:02:13 -0600

At 09:18 PM 28/07/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Following last month's difficulties with my inadequate travel-sized lens
>cleaning kit, I am currently trying out the Photoco Mini Lenspen, a device
>the size of a rollerball pen, with retractable brush on one end, and
>(normally capped) felt-lined concave rubber tip on the other end. It looks
>sort of like a suction cup.
{cut}
>Impression thus far is that it's good! Despite initial aprehensions of
>dry-cleaning the lenses, it seems to all but glide over the glass, and makes
>short work of most spotting caused by raindrops or yes, an overeager puff of
>breath :-) Wiped across my fingernail, the treated tip left black marks
>behind, but I wasn't aware of it leaving any film behind on the glass. Looks
>to be perfect for keeping those optics spotless when operating in
>sub-optimal conditions.

The one I got last year is starting to dry out.  There is some kind of
fluid in the cap that covers the rubber tip.
   Is there a replacement fluid for it, or is it better to just toss it and
get a new one?  My gut feeling is that these things should not be used too
long, otherwise they might do more harm than good after the cleaning fluid
dries up.

- -GH