Subject: RE: [Leica] potential image quality
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:45:05 -0400

 I find a quite unique look to Leica
pictures - in the main, not every lens - and I have taken pictures in nasty
conditions that lesser lenses fall down in and get great pictures. Not just
Leica vs. Sigma, but Leica vs. Canon L series. That's my experience (and
the guy who owns the Canon). If yours is different, then that's fine.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
REPLY

While this may be hard to believe, I have found over the years, having
switched back and forth among Nikon, Canon, Olympus, and Leica, that when
going through piles of old minilab 4x6s I can invariably pick out the photos
shot with Leicas and summicrons. Again, I know this may sound foolish, and
it's certainly subjective, but there is something about the clarity of the
images that says "Leica here!"

But maybe I've just been hanging around this list too long. :-)