Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Glass of water on the carbon fibre television tripod
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:34:12 +0200

George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:

<snip>
     > I got the idea from a column by Stint (sp?).  He
     > suggests balancing a glass of water on his Blads to check for vibration
     > on the tripod with and without using prerelease.
<snap>

George,
that sounds like a great idea. While reading I wondered in the beginning what
simple test might come. Like using special infra red film souped in handmade
developer toned in uranium toner ;).

But this one is so simple that no one can deny its effectiveness. Although one
could argue that tha water still shows (or starts?) vibrations after a shutter
would be closed for long.

I am eager to get home to test my tripod!

Thanks for this trick

christoph