Subject: Re: [Leica] ROR
From: Jim Thomas or Debbie Thomas <jwthomas@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:06:57 -0400

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> I can't remember who was the genius who suggested residual oil remover as a
> "solution" for a fogged collapsible Summicron.
>
> The coating on the lens *is* worn and I'll send it off to be recoated,
> *but* this stuff is amazing.  I'm pretty obsessive about clear optics, but
> when the package arrived from B & H today, I cleaned lenses that I
> *thought* were clean and actually found *black* stuff on the lens tissue.
> Woah!  Can't recommend it highly enough. Thanks for the tip!
>
> Chandos Michael Brown

ROR-1 is the greatest stuff I've ever tried for cleaning lenses!  You
use it with a microfiber cloth like Luminex and you've got the best
working and least abrasive method for cleaning lenses there is.  (A tiny
blast of canned air first wouldn't hurt.)

Great stuff!  I wish I'd found it years ago.

Jim Thomas
jwthomas@erols.com

Collectible Cameras / Antique Phonographic Pages
http://www.trailerpark.com/tequila/hanshaw/
In Praise of Toy Cameras
http://www.trailerpark.com/tequila/hanshaw/toycam.htm