Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: ROR cleaning stuff
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:11:25 -0700

Hi Igor,

I got mine at a local camera store. Must not be too common as the first
salesperson never heard of it but a second person, overhearing my requst
got it out of a cabinet there.

Its not an 'impressive' package. An opaque white plastic container same
size as the common lens cleaning fluid container.

Here is the text on the bottle:

ROR tm
Residual Oil Remover

Designed Specifically For
All Photographic Lenses

Adds Significant Light Entry,
Clarity, And is Anti-static

ROR removes surface oil residues
(pollution) that are ineradicable
with ordinary cleaning procedures

Use minimal amount
Apply with tissue
Remove with tissues

Contents 1 Oz.
V-WAX Products
1507 North Elston - Chicago IL 60622
(312) 276-1747

That's all it says.  I paid $3.50 for it at Cal's Camera in Costa Mesa
CA.

I think it works best for me if I use regular cleaner lightly after
using the ROR.  In general I don't think it needs to be used that often,
once or twice a year should do it for most.

Hope this helps

Dennis