Subject: [Leica] Re: potential image quality
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:11:01 +0200

On 30-07-1998 08:20 Alan Ball wrote:

>I repeat : if a
>competitive advantage derived from using R hardware, this would be known
>by now and translate into a very different market share, despite pricing
>policies. But if I wanted a very luxurious, smooth, mechanically precise
>and durable 35mm SLR system for slow paced hobbyist photography, the R
>line sure is desirable.

Alan,

different people buy different systems for different reasons and
different types of photography, whether they are "prof" or not. You
cannot just reduce the R8's use to the hobbyist photography, it is rather
a question of what your main photographic subjects are. If it is fast
moving action you want, there is little doubt you should get Nikon or
Canon AF, if you're into travel/landscape photography, you are better off
with Leica R IMHO.

Greetings,

Pascal