Subject: [Leica] My apologies
From: "Joseph Keene" <leicajoe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 22:07:14 PDT

Egads! The returns overwhelmingly indicate that I was off-base on this
one, so please accept my apologies. Thanks for the useful (and civil)
comments ... I should have taken my own advice and thought twice before
hitting "send". (Really, I have nothing against off-topic threads in
general -- I'm enjoying the one on ROR.)

Here's a Leica-related question that I wasn't able to answer from Hans
Pahlen's page on the LUG, however: is there any place where posts are
archived, preferably in a full-text searchable format? At this moment
I'm particularly interested in folks' experiences with the new tri-focal
lens. I played with it at the store and thought it was (a) light, (b)
compact, and (c) oh-so convenient, but obviously haven't used it (the
focal-length ring did not strike me nearly as negatively as some posters
indicated earlier today). I was a little dismayed at the use of plastic,
but I guess that's where things are going and we're lucky Leica has
avoided this trend as much as it has. Erwin Puts' test report is very
interesting; in fact his conclusions make me look very favorably upon
the lens despite is slowness. Are there any reports from the front out
there? Are there any owners of it?

Thanks, and apologies again.

JK