Subject: Re: [Leica] my 75/1.4
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:58:10 -0600

At 07:43 AM 05/08/98 -0400, Dan wrote:
>I have found a local repairman who is fixing my 75/1.4 as I type.  It turns
>out it was the front element that had come loose, and is relatively simple
>to tighten up.

I'm wondering, Dan ... since it was a relatively new lens, did the front
element come loose by itself, or was it never properly installed in the
first place?  Has anyone ever had a lens element "come loose" without
severely dropping or jarring the lens?  Perhaps it's possible, but I
suspect it was never put together properly in the first place.

- -GH