Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Photography
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 16:39:20 -0300

Tina:

I have long had a question about photographers like yourself and street
photographers as well.  Do you require model releases for these photographs
of people that you take and later publish?  I have been a bit hesitant
about taking people pictures with the expectation of entering them in photo
contests or selling prints of them as I do not think it would be easy to
get model releasese for all of them.

I am sure others on the list may be interested in the answer to this.  Ted
Grant may have something to add as well from a Canadian law perspective.
These Leica rangefinders are so good at people pictures, and it would be a
shame to have good pictures that you could not share with the public
because of a lack of model release.

Regards,

Robert Stevens