Subject: Re: [Leica] T-Max 3200 X-Ray question
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:32:19 +0100

Dave Fisher wrote:

<<<<<<<<However, the Cuban customs agent would not let me leave without
running the film through the X-Ray. Question: What can I expect to see on
my film? Will it be fogged? Will lines appear? Should I even bother
processing it?>>>>>>>>

Hi Dave,

I'd soup the film normally as you would do and hope the Cubans didn't fry
the film. Not likely, if this was hand checked bags you are talking about.

The biggest danger to-day is checked baggage where many of the airports are
using the new "5000" scanners that will from all reports, make a mess out
of film...exposed or not!

Recommendation of the day! Going anywhere in the world, carry all film as
on board baggage and don't take a chance anywhere as at the moment it seems
no one has a fix at which airports the mega film brner scanners are
installed. Rarely if ever do hand bag scanners screw film.

ted
Victoria, Canada