Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Owners and Stereotypes
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 21:59:05 -0700

MY ANSWERS........

>>>Leica owners are the type of people who:
>>
>>> -- buy incredibly expensive, glamorous, powerful SUVs but never take them
>>any farther off road than the mall parking lot.

No SUV yet......1994 Toyota Camry V6.  BUT, I AM trading it in to get a
1999 Lexus RX300 before the end of the month since my lease ends soon.
And I don't plan on going off-road since I'm not getting the 4WD version.
I just like the looks and the Lexus reliability.

>>> -- like to brag about drinking chianti, but inwardly groan at the
thought of
>>taking another sip of the caustic swill.

Umm, excuse me!  I LOVE CHIANTI and Cabernet, and Merlot.....
hardcore wine drinker here (Sicilian!).....

>>> -- were the first ones to rush out and join smoking clubs when the cigar
>>craze began.

Yeah, an occasional cigar....maybe 3-5 monthly.  Quit smoking cigarettes
4 years ago.

>>> -- subscribe to Scientific American, but can't even decipher the table of
>>contents.  It makes a great coffee table item in their house.

Actually, I subscribe to The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, GQ, and PC
Magazine.

>>> -- have a son named Cody and a daughter named Brianna.  Cody has a
swimming
>>coach, and Brianna takes interpretive tap lessons.

NO KIDS!  I'm only 26 (probably the youngest of the LUG gang).

>>> -- like to drop their Tai Chi lessons into conversations:  "You know, this
>>morning I was on my way to the Starbucks kiosk right after my Tai Chi,
and..."

well I do go to Starbucks every now and then, but I frequent Einstein's Bagels
much more frequently (almost daily) and my routine breakfast is a
Jalapeno-Cheese
bagel with Hummus and a big cup of Sumatra Mandeling coffee (BLACK) while
I watch my real-time Interquote feed roll by (I day trade almost every
AM).......

>>> -- enjoy the snobbery of having the smallest lens section in the camera
>>store.

Well, it's easier to find something when the Leica display case is only a
few feet wide!

>>> -- wear pleated pants.

Either pleated linen trousers OR colored jeans (brown, or olive green).

>>> -- ran out and got the same type of dog Alec Baldwin had in that movie,
but
>>then told everyone they had theirs first.

I don't really like Alec Baldwin!  And my dog is a Pekingese named Patches!

>>> -- join Classic Literature book clubs because they like to think the
postman
>>will be impressed when he delivers their packages.

Actually, I joined the Science Book Club and buy an occasional book on
physics, neurobiology, or genetics.

>>> -- still think it's hip to order quiche in a restaurant.

Favorite foods:  Thai curries and rice dishes, Indonesian nasi goreng
and sate, French and Italian everything, Japanese sushi and sashimi,
and oddities such as rack of lamb, pot roast, venison, and Ethiopian tebsi.

>>> -- like the security of never having to consider printing their own
pictures
>>by themselves.  Ever.

Well, I don't own a darkroom, and I don't know the first thing about
printing my own,
but I would LOVE TO LEARN!  Any teachers?

More than you probably cared to know about me.......
Francesco