Subject: [Leica] Strange thing with Leica R Circular Polarizer filter
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 18:27:14 +0200

A strange thing happened with my new Leica Circular Polarizer filter (for
55mm lenses).
I had mounted the filter on my Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8 for three weeks
long while on holiday, and today when I removed the filter, I noticed
that there was something white on both the lens barrel and the back of
the filter where it screws on the lens barrel.
First, I was afraid that the filter had scratched the lens barrel and
removed some of the black coated finish on the lens, but after inspection
it appeared to be only some kind of white cream that could easily be
removed with a cloth from both lens and filter.
I have never seen this kind of behavior before. Anybody has any ideas?
Thanks.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
An Apple a day keeps greedy Microsoft away !