Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 23:01:52 -0400

At 10:10 PM 8/7/98 -0400, you wrote:

Curt:

	I'm sorry to be obtuse, but I still don't understand what it is you want
from this group.  You say you want to discuss photography.  Does this not
include anything technical?  Does it not include model releases?  What
exactly does it include? Films? Developing times? Composition? Lighting?
Social relevance? Historical perspective? I put up three Leica photographs
for discussion and have received several helpful comments but I don't
recall any from you.  How do you want to discuss photography?  Would you
put up some of your own photographs for discussion if you don't want to
discuss mine?  Give us some topics to discuss!
	You are so concerned about wasting bandwidth and ISP time.  I might
understand this if you were in a foreign country and had to pay by the
byte, but I believe you are in the USA.  Unlimited ISP time is available
for about $9 a month.  If I figured that out per second, it would be too
small to measure.  If it takes you longer than a couple of seconds to
decide whether to delete a message, perhaps you should take a speed reading
course.
	I am not normally an argumentative person.  People who know me would tell
you that I am shy and retiring, but your complaining is getting on my
nerves. You have wasted more band width complaining about wasting band
width!  Robert asked a legitimate question about model releases in
connection with Leica photography.  To me it is discourteous to complain
that he did not change the header to ask this question.  It certainly
pertains to Leica photography which is a very broad topic.
	If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  If you don't
have any constructive suggestions, don't complain.  Go out and take
photographs with your Leicas for awhile.   It's bound to improve your mood.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>