Subject: Re: [Leica] Street / candid photography
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 13:16:11 -0500

At 01:17 PM 8/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>example I had in mind was lets say i take a picture, give it to the times
>or anyother paper, and they print it.  Now i didn't make a profit as the
>paper didn't pay me but the paper did make a profit with the photo. If you
>really want to make it complicated what if the paper was a not for profit
>paper.  Something ponder....

Nothing to ponder at all. Newspapers are not considered commercial in this
context. It is editorial, thus are protected (in the U.S.) from any
requirement for releases. Even is you make $10,000 from the picture.

If you live in some other country, the local laws will apply. Do not try
this in Syria. :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He's not dead, He's electroencephalographically challenged.