Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 0.75 v. M6 0.85
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 18:34:59 -0700

James Harper wrote:

> I am considering returning after 10 years to Leica rangefinders.  I have
> read the literature on the differences between the above.  Can anyone
> kindly comment on their experience of the  advantages of the larger
> viewfinder of the 0.85 version?   It sounds exciting, but entails not
> having the 28mm frame, which might be important  - I do not know whether I
> may eventually buy a 28mm lens.  In short, does the larger viewfinder
> adequately compensate for the loss of versatility?

Hi James,

I really think you have to look through both of them.  Some people don't
like the 35 framelines, can't see them.  I can see them and I use a 35
but not the 28.  So far if I need wider than 35 I reach for the 21.

I like the rangefinder in the M6HM, its faster for me to focus than my
M2 or M4.

Hope this helps.

Dennis