Subject: Re: [Leica] Soft Release
From: "Tom Wyse & Jo Hughes" <joandtom@mtnhome.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:49:05 -0500

>I love my Abrahamsson soft releases. There is only one problem. When I
>carry my camera at my side I find I inadvertently hit the release. This
>also seems to happen when putting the body back in my camera bag. A lot
>of blank frames. Anybody have similar experiences and enlightened
>solutions?
>
>Carl S.

seeing posts of this nature fairly often, I wonder if I'm the only one out
of step....I was taught some  fourty years ago to not advance film ( cock
shutter) until ready for the shot...I have heard that to be able to catch
the instant, one should keep shutter cocked, but I have gotten so used to
advancing film as I brought camera to bear that this has never been a
problem.
tom>