Subject: Re: [Leica] Soft Release
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:28:09 -0500

At 05:49 PM 8/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

>of step....I was taught some  fourty years ago to not advance film ( cock
>shutter) until ready for the shot...I have heard that to be able to catch

That is based on the mistaken notion that by leaving the shutter cocked,
the springs in the shutter will be loose or something. Leica has stated,
and many other manufacturers, that it is not a problem.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?