Subject: [Leica] "Understanding light"
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 98 09:23:37 -0500

August 11, 1998

Hello Ted et al,

When we came away from the Leica seminar at Kennebunkport last year, Ted,
the most important idea to me was what you said about photographing
light.  When they learn that you are taking a lot of photographs, many
people want to know right off what your subject matter is--ie,
landscapes, people, etc.  But to me, since the seminar, it's about light,
whether it's light reflected from the face of a person or the face of a
building, or a flower.  I find this very exciting and very challenging.

Thanks Ted, and thanks to all who have shared your experiences and
expertise; I've found some great Leica photographs (Ted Grant's, Tina
Manley's and Dave Almy's) on the web and lots of info on Leica gear and
suppliers.  I love the fact that you accept amateurs here.

Gratefully,

Mary