Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #229
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 07:34:47 -0700

Donal is correct. It is true. The Evercolor Pigment Transfer Process is the
best we have today. It cannot be beat for dynamic range, color fidelity
(when wanted), sharpness, everything that makes a dynamite color print.
Some argue that it's a photo print since it is made from separation
negatives, which are made from a digital scan. But I'm not a purist and
when you look at an Evercolor print, there is no mistake. It is the best.

But as Donal said, your pocket book will suffer greatly. For the first
20x24, plan on dropping roughly $2K, when all is said and done. Reprints,
however, fall into the realm of reality. A C note or two each (I don't
accurately remember painful things.)

Jim