Subject: Re: [Leica] Gossen Luna-Pro Digi F
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@MAIL.WM.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 01:31:48 -0400

Pardon for weighing in so late.  I've been on vacation.

I picked up the Luna Pro Digital F about a month ago.  I dead on love it.
Fast.  Cool features that mean something.  I like the contrast range
function, for instance.  Instant metering.  Very, very light weight.

One, only moderately disturbing, thing is that it positively does *not* out
perform the old Luna Pro, which is to say that they both give the same
readings under the whole array of lighting conditions (from very dim to
very bright).  In the end, I view the Digital F as a luxury (in terms of
size and weight), not an advance, though I may feel otherwise if I ever
need the flash meter.

>Battery saving-wise, I think my Gossen wins over my Sekonic.
>
>Dan K.

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~cmbrow/