Subject: Re: [Leica] Touchy Subjects List for Web Site
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 07:14:42 -0400

I'd like to weigh in on this topic by agreeing that no one person has the
right to dictate what can and cannot be discussed in a public forum such as
this one.  It is inevitable that questions will be asked over and over
again.  Those who don't understand this or seek to control it, simply do not
understand the medium or environment and are wasting their own time and
energy.

I too am sorry that Erwin P. has chosen to deprive the LUG of his obviously
great store of knowledge.  However it seems to me that if one is going to
assume the role of "grey eminence", then one has to expect to hear the same
questions repeatedly.  Imagine a senior professor at a college or university
who teaches a freshman class every Fall.  He suddenly announces his
retirement, citing as one reason, that he has become sick and tired of the
fact that the freshman class never seems to learn, and that he gets the same
questions from them every Fall.

The problem, I think, is with the professor and not with the freshman class.

Bruce S.