Subject: RE: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:14:34 -0400

At 06:22 PM 8/12/98 -0400, you wrote:

Also, look at history. Leica has trouble with cameras, but little with
lenses. Let Konica make the body and Leica can make plenty of money selling
lenses. Perhaps they have even seen this coming in Solms and have decided
to focus on lenses where the competition is slim.

Tom

>Well, Tom, not necessarilly. In the first place, the appearance of a real
>rival to the M body might inspire Leitz to "get the lead out." And, even
>more to the point, if someone - say Minolta - produced a quality rangefinder
>body with full electronics and an M lens mount - presumably at a lower price
>than those offered by the folks in Solms - wouldn't that be the best of all
>possible worlds for those who want an electronic M to go with the
>"traditional" body?
>After all, while we may love the Leica bodies for their feel, etc., its the
>lens that captures the image.
>B. D.

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria