Subject: Re: [Leica] Format units question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:33:50 -0500

At 08:31 AM 8/13/98 +0200, you wrote:

>When people in the US talk about eg. 8x10 or 16x20 pictures, what is the base
>unit? Is it inch or cm?
>I just wondered because it sometimes sounds as if you are doing almost all of
>your work in these sizes which seems to me very big if it is inches.

You can bet it's inches. Don't European folks mention the long end first,
then the shallow end? And in cm?

8x10 isn't big at all, and pretty much is a standard size. But I don't
print much at that shape, because 35mm loses a lot. Full frame is wider, or
the depth is shallower.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.
- - Revolution Books. New York, New York.