Subject: Re: [Leica] Is M6 really any better than M3?
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:57:13 EDT

Ken, hope you still have the M2. I do make a limited production Rapidwinder M2
( uses the same drive system as the old Leicavit MP). I agree that the M6 is a
great camera and the 75 is an oustanding lens, but there is something to be
said of a M2 with a 35/2 on it. Nothing extra, only the 35 framelines and
"pure" shooting joy. If the shot is screwed up, it is your fault, no meter to
blame etc, but if the shot is "there" it is also "yours and yours alone".  I
have more M2's than M6's and if I am shooting for myself, one M2 with a 35/2
and another with the 21/3,4 and a whole lot of Tri-X is usually all I want.
The M6 are used when I am not using Tri-x or when I am shooting with
24/28/75/90/135 length.
From a hot ( high 80'sF or 28C+) Vancouver.
Tom A