Subject: [Leica] Erwin's discussion of lens quality/RF adjustment on Canon VI-T
From: Bill Bain <BBain@IMNET.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:21:24 -0400

Erwin-

Thank you so much for the discussion of lens quality -- it was
illuminating, to say the least!  I hope that such a post indicates that
the LUG has not lost you forever. It was a true pleasure reading your
post.

And now to change subjects entirely:  RF Adjustment on Canon VI-T.  The
Canon VI finder is not the same as the Canon 7 because of the rotating
3-way finder of the VI instead of the projected frame lines of the 7.
Canon VI parts are not easy to find and if you break something fooling
with it, you could be seriously out of luck.  The Canon VI is a fine
camera and given its relative scarcity, you should entrust the job to a
professional.  Were the camera mine, I would check with John Van Stelton
at Focal Point, or perhaps Ms. Krauter [sp.?] to see if they can
recommend someone if it's not something they would want to tackle.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Bill