Subject: Re: [Leica] 800mm Telyt-S f8 (Ted ??)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:43:22 -0500

At 02:46 AM 8/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Didn't that lens come with a free Volkswagon at one point?  I'm not kidding!

One dealer had one in stock and wanted to get rid of it, so he offered a
car with the lens as a promotion. It wasn't a deal anyone could take. And
the price was list price - $23,xxx when they were normally selling for
about $16,000 at the time. I believe it was an Audi Fox wagon. I remember
seeing the Ad somewhere.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.