Subject: Re: [Leica] on photographic seeing
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:50:29 -0600

It may simply be the fact that these ladies are not merely quaint and
curious subjects for street photography, but are first and always people.
If someone stuck a camera in your face, and did it a hundred times a day,
while you were going about the business of making a living, you too might
get tired of it and wish to retaliate in some relatively benign and frankly
humorous way.

The problem I have with my own attempts at street photography is that,
whenever I raise the camera to my eye I project myself to the other side of
the lens.  I do not like being photographed by anyone for any reason.  I
applaude anyone who has the forebearance to permit themself to be
photographed repeatedly without some form of compensation and has the good
grace to accept it each time.