Subject: Re: [Leica] Hasselblad Vpan/Fuji TX=1
From: richard.setchim@uk.pwcglobal.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 03:38:55 +0100

George Huczek wrote:
<< There is one "feature" that the camera has that really puzzles me.  The
film rewinds into the cassette mid-roll while shooting, so that if the
camera back is accidentally opened, the exposed film is not ruined.  The
camera can tell which formats have been used to get the film back to the
end of the roll to finish off the remaining frames. What I don't quite
understand is whether this is an automatic feature, or one which the user
has to prompt.>>

Is it not likely that the film winds out of the cartridge when film is is
loaded and then "rewinds" into the cartridge after each shot? This is what
happens, for example, with the Ricoh GR1, and seems a safer operating mode
than the conventional one.

Regards.