Subject: [Leica] 800mm Telyt-S f8
From: "GBICKET" <GBICKET@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:36:33 -0600

Thanks to the LUGgers who responded to my question about the older,
pre/non-modular 800mm Telyt-S.  At first, I was aggravated with myself for
being imprecise, and describing the 800mm as an f8 when it was an f6.8.

However, on page 29 of the English version of the R7 sales brochure [910
470], the lens described as number 11 [just next to number 10, which is the
mirror 500mm, also f8], is the non-modular 800mm Telyt-S described as a lens
having a maximum aperture of f8.

The point is moot really, as at the prices for good condition 800's LUGgers
have described, I'd have to search for one in condition to do double duty as
a table leg.  It certainly looks as if it might be tall enough!

Enjoy the light!

Greg Bicket