Subject: Re: [Leica] Pocket camera replacement
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:47:26 +0200

Bud,

Thanks for your long reply. My late GR1 was used almost exclusively with
slide film (usually Fuji Sensia 100 or Kodak E200), and the quality of the
images stood up easily to any shot with my SLRs with a 28mm lens. I was
tempted by the Minilux Zoom, but was turned off by the absence of manual
controls (the GR1 has aperture-priority) and by the slow top shutter speed
of 1/250 sec. (the GR1 has 1/500). I am willing to spend good money to get
this image quality, and so I seriously looked at a Minilux (not zoom) today.
But it costs 50% more than the GR1 (30000 BEF vs. 20000 BEF), has a slightly
slower top shutter speed (1/400) and is significantly bigger. So I have
pretty much decided to just buy another GR1.

Thanks again!

Nathan