Subject: Re: [Leica] Voyage to Munich
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:03:53 -0600 (MDT)

Francois, depending on when you go, you may be there for Oktoberfest,
which happens later in September. That is a definite must see event. Some
of my best photographs from Germany are the horses, pulling beer wagons,
all dressed up in shining harnesses with the breweries logos in silver and
brass. The crowd scenes are also quite interesting, and you can have a lot
of fun in the beer tents. The view from the cathedral is worth the climb,
I think it is called St Paul's, but it has been years. In any case it is
the twin towered church with an onion shaped dome, just off the walking
street between the fountain and the glockenspiel at the city hall, which
is also worth viewing, it runs at 11:00 AM. That's the things I remember,
many of the others were blurred then by the beer, and now by time ;)
Enjoy your trip.
Noel Charchuk